I’ve been putting this off for soooooo long, but it’s time. First of all, thank you to the lovely Claire at Ditching the wine, https://gettingsobernow.wordpress.com/ for nominating me and placing her faith in my ability to take less than 6 months to write this post (these awards are all around the blogosphere these days and feel a lot like those chain letters kids to send to each other, and you HAD TO DO IT TO unless you wanted to suffer a SUDDEN AND PAINFUL DEATH BY BEING CURSED FOREVER …. I am sure you remember those) . Ok ok enough of the Scrooge/Grinch mentality, it’s chain blog algorithm time !!! YAY 🙂
Ok, this however is more than true, and the only part of the game I enjoy: I love Claire’s blog SO MUCH. She’s extremely intelligent yet humble, sensitive and wise, insightful and funny and generous and thoughtful – you should all click on that link and check out her blog. https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/169561941/posts/370#comment-1183 Oh, and she has the cutest Guinnea-Pigs in the world! They’ll pop up here and there in her blog among other pics of her life in the U.K. ANYWAY I’m doing this for you Claire ! Woops, already failing at rule number one… I mean, THANK YOU CLAIRE ❤ 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees one you have uploaded your post.
Answers to Claire’s questions:
- If you could have had any job/career what would it have been? Painter. Painter. Possibly on drugs, but painter. I’m saving it for retirement now – without the drugs, that is.
- If you were stranded on a desert island what three items would you choose to have with you? 1) a FAT journal and pen 2) a manual on how to make more paper and ink for my journaling. 3) Lots of Sun Cream, cause I LOVE DESERT ISLANDS and once I’m there, I ain’t leaving.
- What the thing you like most about yourself? My hair. My wit, sometimes. My kindness.
- If you could relive one day again, exactly as it was before, what day would it be and why? There is no one single day that pops out. Also, I have terrible memory. So I’ll go buddhist on you and respond: Right now. because right now is all we have!
- If you could only see one more band/singer live, who would it be? Blink 182. My teenage crushes 🙂 They were terrible singers. Positively awful
- What is your biggest achievement in your life so far? ALMOST achieved: this stupid PhD 🙂 Almost there! Otherwise: 8 months sober, baby!
- What’s your favourite way to relax (keep it clean please!)? Yoga yoga yogaaaaa and more yoga.
- You can have a superpower for a year. Which one would you choose? Unlimited money bahahahaha! So I could DO GOOD with it, and buy my way into acquiring all the other superpowers 🙂
- What’s your favourite time of day and why? Mornings, because everything is still possible.
- What are you most afraid of? DEATH. Yup. All this ending.
- What are your ‘words to live by?’ Name the three most important for you. Compassion (for all beings). Patience. Breathing.
11 facts about me:
- I was born in Katmandu
- I grew up in Vietnam
- I am bilingual French-English
- I live in the U.S.A.
- Thou shalt not ask me where I’m from.
- I believe culture should be free for all: free streaming, free books, free university.
- I believe therapy should be free -and MANDATORY- for all.
- I believe I should become a Communist leader, and that the world would be a better place for it ^^
- My secret dream is to have a successful youtube Channel, yet remain anonymous. (Yes, I love eating cake and having it as well).
- When I was 10, my dog gave birth to 6 puppies in my bed and I squished one when I rolled over. But they all survived 🙂
- The longest I’ve been single since age 14 is about 6 months…… (hmmmmmm)
My nominees (SORRYYYYYYY):
- Jim at Life Beyond Booze https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/99116151 (because I haven’t seen a Liebster post on his blog yet ^^ (I AM PASSING ON THE CURSE TO YOU JIM!). Jim is hilarious and deep and started his sobriety journey 2 weeks before mine. I am eternally trying to catch up, but that involves building a time machine. I love Jim and he will always be my number 1 sobriety buddy.
- Boozebrain, https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/773830 for his inestimable nuggets of wisdom, and because we don’t get a lot of personal stuff from him so maybe the threat of the ETERNAL CURSE will get us some. Best food for thought blog in the universe.
- Drgettingsober https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/97318903 I don’t know if she has already been nominated for one of these, but just in case. Her blog is very thorough and includes wonderful bits of theoretical explanations about psychology and psychiatry questions, for anyone who is interested in the field. Also if you like horses and riding, this blog is for you!!!! I feel very close to Drgettingsober and much of what she writes resonates with me, a lot.
- Melissa at https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/105267458. is so smart and has been through so much. She also has a special place in my heart because I discovered her blog when I only just started on this journey.
- Astrid https://astridetal.com/ Is very thoughtful and calm and gentle. Her blog is full of all kinds of self-care, mental health and just life in general oriented musings, including her #A to Z Challenge which she has just recently and very courageously completed 🙂
- Drunky Drunk Girl: https://drunkydrunkgirl.com/ this lovely lady’s blog is feminine, thorough, and talks about addictions of all kinds, including to social media. USEFUL 🙂
- Roaming and Recording Yogi https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/94351538 Leah is a yoga teacher and her lovely blog tells her story and gives lots of yoga, yoga teaching, and general health-related tips. Very cool !
My 11 questions to you guys are the same that Claire asked me up above. They’re excellent questions and I am very very lazy.
PHEW that wasn’t so bad.
THANK YOU CLAIIIIIIRE and good luck to my lovely nominees 🙂 ❤